Training Workshops are designed to train everyday disciples in everyday life.
Each workshop is 11-12 weeks long and each week’s class is designed to last 75 minutes, with approximately 30 minutes dedicated to teaching and another 30-45 minutes to small group discussion. These workshops will be a great way to not only learn and grow personally but to also get to know others you don’t know or those you do know better.
Each workshop has a short book to read and three to four personal studies are provided each week to take individuals deeper into Scripture and to supplement the content introduced and taught in the study. The cost for the class is $10 to offset the cost of materials.
Classes offered beginning this Fall are:
- How to Study the Bible
- The Story of the Bible
Times offered are:
- Sundays at 9 AM
- Wednesdays at 6:45 PM
Classes begin September 19. Sign up HERE
DNA Groups – Discover, Nurture, Act – grow and multiply disciples by interacting with the Word of God (Discover), by sharing what we’re learning and praying for one another in small core groups of 3-6 (Nurture), and holding one another accountable to responding to the Word in action (Act). Groups meet at a time and place set by the group leader.
Young Adults: Fervent
Acts 18:24-28 – Now a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was an eloquent man, competent in the Scriptures. He had been instructed in the way of the Lord. And being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things concerning Jesus, though he knew only the baptism of John. He began to speak boldly in the synagogue, but when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately. And when he wished to cross to Achaia, the brothers encouraged him and wrote to the disciples to welcome him. When he arrived, he greatly helped those who through grace had believed, for he powerfully refuted the Jews in public, showing by the Scriptures that the Christ was Jesus.
FERVENT is a welcoming community of young adults seeking to connect with each other and learn why and how to live, teach, and defend the Gospel.
As young adults, we often lack relational growth. Relational growth becomes more rare and unattainable after college. We want to create a welcoming environment in which each person is highly valued and loved. As we connect over food, laugh during games, learn through teaching and grow in discussion, we seek to build each other up. Fervent is an environment where you will feel safe, valued and loved.
In addition to lacking relational growth, many young adults lack an environment for theological growth. This is a space for you to wrestle with your questions about God and His works. We will not disrespect any individual belief, but we will relentlessly hold up scripture as the ultimate truth. The Word of God is powerful and counter cultural. We will dig through scripture to seek truth and wisdom. Whether you are skeptical or fully certain in your faith, we can all learn from the Word of God.
The Gospel is our foundation and our focus. It is our foundation because every subject which is taught and discussed will point to the wonderful truth of the Gospel. This truth gives God’s children confidence to face hardships and trials with hope because the power of the Spirit strengthens and leads. We believe the Gospel calls us to not only live like Christ but to boldly teach and defend the Gospel in every context.
Meeting the first Tuesday of each month.
Facebook: Fervent – GCC Young Adults
Kyle Hall – Kyle@solagrace.org (616-669-6507)
Ladies Night Out
Anxiety and Hope was the topic for our last Ladies Night Out of the summer. Sarah Tuinstra, Kathy Jackson, and Liz Huber helped us understand the clinical, practical, and biblical aspects of Anxiety and where Hope can be found. If you missed this encouraging event, you can LISTEN HERE.
To spread a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples (John Piper).
“The essence of authentic, corporate worship is the collective experience of heartfelt satisfaction in the glory of God, or a trembling that we do not have it and a great longing for it…..Nothing makes God more supreme and more central in worship than when a people are utterly persuaded that nothing—not money or prestige or leisure or family or job or health or sports or toys or friends—nothing is going to bring satisfaction to their sinful, guilty, aching hearts besides God.” (John Piper)
Our passion for music ministry at Grace Community Church is to worship God in a manner acceptable and pleasing to Him (Hebrews 12:28-29). We believe this happens as the Word of God is central in our corporate worship. Our services will be developed for the benefit of believers, with the sincere desire that as we proclaim His truth, unbelievers may also be awakened by His spirit and desire to worship Him as well. Music will reflect and declare a right view of God, a right view of Man, and a right view of His gospel, while providing an avenue for the soul’s grateful response to His wondrous plan of redemption.
Opportunities for participation in corporate worship include:
1. Adult Choir. Volunteer choir dedicated to leading the body in corporate worship. We meet weekly on Sunday afternoons during the choir season (September through May) at 4:00 PM and sing every Sunday morning. Our focus is the worship service, preparing songs to lead in the worship of our great God and Savior. This is open to all who are capable and mature enough to participate (generally a Junior in High School and up).
2. Worship Team. By invitation, this group reinforces the congregational singing and occasionally will proclaim the truth of God’s Word through selected readings and leading in song.
3. Worship also includes instrumental music (I Samuel 16:23) and those gifted to glorify God are given opportunity for worship preludes, offertories, and other occasional uses.
4. Those who have evidenced faith in Christ and a humble heart in service of Him may be asked to participate in the presentation of a song during the offering or at other times during the worship service.
5. Essential to the facilitation of corporate worship is the transparent operation of the technical equipment (sound, lighting, video, slides, etc.).
Other opportunities include:
1. Children’s Choir: We occasionally convene a children’s choir for proclaiming the truth. Typically, this is for elementary aged school children.
2. Special events may utilize drama or readings.
3. Special Events. The church from time to time will present special services, programs, and presentations for specific purposes utilizing the arts in its various forms.
4. Orchestras and graded choirs. We would sincerely like to see God raise up leaders from our church body to take on the responsibility for these areas of need. If you are interested in pursuing leadership in our music ministry, please contact your elder or contact the church office.
Above all, we seek to be a people who “let the word of Christ dwell in us richly as we teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as we sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in our hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” (Col. 3:16-17).