To spread a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples (John Piper).
“The essence of authentic, corporate worship is the collective experience of heartfelt satisfaction in the glory of God, or a trembling that we do not have it and a great longing for it…..Nothing makes God more supreme and more central in worship than when a people are utterly persuaded that nothing—not money or prestige or leisure or family or job or health or sports or toys or friends—nothing is going to bring satisfaction to their sinful, guilty, aching hearts besides God.” (John Piper)
Our passion for music ministry at Grace Community Church is to worship God in a manner acceptable and pleasing to Him (Hebrews 12:28-29). We believe this happens as the Word of God is central in our corporate worship. Our services will be developed for the benefit of believers, with the sincere desire that as we proclaim His truth, unbelievers may also be awakened by His spirit and desire to worship Him as well. Music will reflect and declare a right view of God, a right view of Man, and a right view of His gospel, while providing an avenue for the soul’s grateful response to His wondrous plan of redemption.
Opportunities for participation in corporate worship include:
1. Adult Choir. Volunteer choir dedicated to leading the body in corporate worship. We meet weekly on Sunday afternoons during the choir season (September through May) at 4:00 PM and sing every Sunday morning. Our focus is the worship service, preparing songs to lead in the worship of our great God and Savior. This is open to all who are capable and mature enough to participate (generally a Junior in High School and up).
2. Worship Team. By invitation, this group reinforces the congregational singing and occasionally will proclaim the truth of God’s Word through selected readings and leading in song.
3. Worship also includes instrumental music (I Samuel 16:23) and those gifted to glorify God are given opportunity for worship preludes, offertories, and other occasional uses.
4. Those who have evidenced faith in Christ and a humble heart in service of Him may be asked to participate in the presentation of a song during the offering or at other times during the worship service.
5. Essential to the facilitation of corporate worship is the transparent operation of the technical equipment (sound, lighting, video, slides, etc.).
Other opportunities include:
1. Children’s Choir: We occasionally convene a children’s choir for proclaiming the truth. Typically, this is for elementary aged school children.
2. Special events may utilize drama or readings.
3. Special Events. The church from time to time will present special services, programs, and presentations for specific purposes utilizing the arts in its various forms.
4. Orchestras and graded choirs. We would sincerely like to see God raise up leaders from our church body to take on the responsibility for these areas of need. If you are interested in pursuing leadership in our music ministry, please contact your elder or contact the church office.
Above all, we seek to be a people who “let the word of Christ dwell in us richly as we teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as we sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in our hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” (Col. 3:16-17).