Grace Family Meeting
May 17, 2020 @3:00 PM
Purpose of the Family meeting:
- Present phase one of the building project- Kitchen, bathrooms, and 2 new offices.
- Present and seek approval of a Giving account for the project.
- Present and vote on approving 16 potential new members.
- View the Building Plans Document
Due to Covid-19 and the current “Stay Home” requirements, combined with our desire to move forward with the
Kitchen Remodeling project, the elders are calling for a special online meeting. Our desire is to still put ourselves in position to complete the project before our fall 2020 start up, Lord willing.
A virtual Family Meeting will be held at 3:00 pm on May 17, 2020. The purpose of the meeting will be to vote on the Kitchen Project as phase one of the remodeling projects outlined at our last Family Meeting on March 1, 2020. This vote was originally scheduled for March 29 but was delayed due to the Covid-19 “Stay Home” order. We are requesting a vote now for the following reasons:
- A positive vote now gives the greatest possible chance of success for completing phase one of the projects by this fall. Our deacons would begin working on awarding a contractor so that, at first opportunity to be on site working, we will be
- A positive vote will not require any additional funds to be received. We have confirmed the commitment from our benefactors that will cover the completion of the first phase, which includes the kitchen project!
- A positive vote would allow for a budget line for Special Offerings for the Building Project in order to receipt donors.
We will also vote on two additional items:
- Approval to begin receiving Special Offerings for the Building
- New members being recommended by the elders.
Each of these prospective new members have been interviewed by their elder. The elders had hoped to vote on these new members in person along with the building project, however, with the “stay home” requirements being extended, we are anxious to welcome these prospective members into the body, and they are excited to join and serve with us.